We are building a team of only A+ players. If you are an extraordinary engineer please apply whether you are junior or CTO level. The exact title, responsibilities, and compensation for this position will be adjusted in accordance with your experience level.
Tree is reimagining the web as we know it. Our mission is to empower every person to be a creator. And as a result, maximize human potential.
We are seeking a Backend/DevOps Engineer to drive our core technology and architecture as we build our company from initial MVP all the way to a public utility that empowers hundreds of millions of users.
Tree is a cross between a web page builder and a social media platform. For the first time in the history of the web, creating pages will be truly easy and fun for everyone, regardless of technical or design ability. The result will be an explosion of creativity and content.
Our founders have started 11 companies with 7 successful exits including 3 Fortune 500 acquisitions and a unicorn-scale IPO. (The remaining 4 companies are still growing.)
We have raised two rounds of capital and are still in stealth, targeting a Q1 2022 launch.
Key benefits include:
- Be a key early employee at a company with massive potential
- Build your own personal brand & resume as the company grows
- We will build a team of only all-stars, world-class talent in their field-- no dead weight
- Take a leadership role in building a world-changing technology platform
- Be a part of building an amazing office and culture in NYC
Key responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Own and evolve our DevOps strategy
- Lead our DevOps and help build our technical architecture
- Develop features and improvements to the Tree platform in a secure, maintainable and performant manner, focusing on the backend
- Collaborate with our Front End Lead in building our product
- Work as needed with the leadership and other team members and functions to enable their work to build the company
THE JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience scaling a technology product to millions of users
- Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Passion for coding, 30,000 foot level decision-making and everything in between
- Prioritize creator value over technical novelty. You care more about user satisfaction than a perfect technical design.
- Ability to prototype new concepts quickly and iterate for rapid feedback
- Proficient with Python, RDBMS, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Passionate about Tree’s mission to empower every person to be a creator and unleash the potential of humankind
- Experience with PostgresDB and/or the SQLAlchemy ORM
- Experience working with and managing AWS deployments