Tree is reimagining the web as we know it. Our mission is to empower every person to be a creator. And as a result, maximize human potential.
We are seeking a Chief Technology Officer to drive our core technology and architecture as we build our company from initial MVP all the way to a public utility that empowers hundreds of millions of users.
Tree is a cross between a web page builder and a social media platform. For the first time in the history of the web, creating pages will be truly easy and fun for everyone, regardless of technical or design ability. The result will be an explosion of creativity and content.
Our founders have started 11 companies with 7 successful exits including 3 Fortune 500 acquisitions and a unicorn-scale IPO. (The remaining 4 companies are still growing.)
We have raised two rounds of capital and are still in stealth, targeting a Q1 2022 launch.
Key benefits include:
- Be the founding CTO at a company with massive potential
- Build your own personal brand & resume as the company grows
- Join as our first C-level hire as part of an accomplished, driven leadership team
- We will build a team of only all-stars, world-class talent in their field-- no dead weight
- Take a leadership role in building a world-changing technology platform
- Be a part of building an amazing office and culture in NYC
Key responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Lead all aspects of engineering at Tree
- Actively help code the backend
- Own and evolve our DevOps strategy
Lead and manage our team of:
- Frontend lead (in office)
- 2 Frontend contractors (remote)
- 2 Backend contractors (remote)
- Create and execute a strategic technology plan and related KPI’s
- Recruit and manage the Tree engineering team
- Work alongside with our CPO and CEO to develop our product platform
- Work as needed with the leadership and other team members and functions to enable their work to build the company
THE JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience building a technology company to millions of users
- Experience in hiring, building and leading multiple engineering teams
- Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Passion for coding, 30,000 foot level decision-making and everything in between
- Ability to prototype new concepts quickly and iterate for rapid feedback
- Make technology decisions that will stand the test of time
- Preference given to those with Python, React, iOS/Android, Kubernetes experience
- Passionate about Tree’s mission to empower every person to be a creator and unleash the potential of humankind