Tree is reimagining the web as we know it. Our mission is to empower every person to be a creator. And as a result, maximize human potential.
We are seeking a Frontend Engineer to help create a new way of building on the web. Come help us expand our MVP into a public utility that empowers hundreds of millions of users.
Tree is a cross between a web page builder and a social media platform. For the first time in the history of the web, creating pages will be truly easy and fun for everyone, regardless of technical or design ability. The result will be an explosion of creativity and content.
Our founders have started 11 companies with 7 successful exits including 3 Fortune 500 acquisitions and a unicorn-scale IPO. (The remaining 4 companies are still growing.)
We have raised two rounds of capital and are still in stealth, targeting a Q1 2022 launch.
Key benefits include:
- Be a key early employee at a company with massive potential
- Build your own personal brand & resume as the company grows
- We will build a team of only all-stars, world-class talent in their field-- no dead weight
- Be a part of building an amazing office and culture in NYC
Key responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Contribute to our early frontend architecture
- Develop new features in a maintainable and performant fashion
- Work collaboratively with other engineers to provide code reviews, encourage best practices, and iterate on our APIs
- Translate designs into clean, pixel perfect code
- Work with our CPO, Frontend lead and designers to build anything and everything frontend related
THE JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of industry frontend experience, preferably working on a SaaS product
- Ability to work autonomously while being comfortable seeking help when you get stuck
- Prioritize creator value over technical novelty. You care more about user satisfaction than a perfect technical design
- Ability to prototype new concepts quickly and iterate for rapid feedback
- Well-versed in Typescript, React, HTML5 and CSS3
- Passionate about Tree’s mission to empower every person to be a creator and unleash the potential of humankind
- Past startup experience
- Experience with Gatbsy, Next.js and/or GraphQL
- Experience building APIs and other server-side artifacts